Holkham Park, Norfolk:- February 5th 2016.





I parked in the village car park and walked to the lake to see the ferruginous duck that had been there for a few days. I found the bird however it was very elusive and when it decided to go into the short reed growth to feed it became difficult to see. After about ten minutes Carl C (the whale expert) called to me to say that the bird was showing nearer to the middle of the lake. I grabbed my gear and quickly walked to where Carl was standing, and sure enough the duck was seen feeding on the bank. The duck then slowly walked down to the water, then swam passed to where it was feeding earlier. The shots are distant as the duck stayed on the other side of the lake, so these shots are record shots of a lifer for me. The wigeon were found down Lady Anne's Drive they were close to the road so this made it easier to get this shot.

Powered By Blogger