Frampton Marsh R.S.P.B.

10th March 2022

I popped into Frampton Marsh today on my way to Boston to see the White-tailed Lapwing that had first been found the day before. On my arrival I asked at the visitor centre if the bird was still here. The volunteer informed me that is was on the North Scrape and that several birders were there watching it. It was a ten minute walk to the area and I was soon put on the bird by another birder who's scope was already on the WT-Lapwing. The bird was pretty distant so the pictures taken are of poor quality due to the fact that a high digital zoom setting was used.

 The status of this bird in the U.K. is regarded as Mega/Accidental as it is a very rare visitor   to our shores. This bird first arrived in August 2021 at Blackford Sand R.S.P.B. Yorkshire,   it then departed to Lincolnshire firstly on 31st December 2022 at East Halton -on the   Humber Estuary- then on to Frampton Marsh R.S.P.B  Lincs on the 9th March 2022.

 



 

 

Powered By Blogger